Monday, January 3, 2011

back to work i go


Today was my last day of maternity leave.


I attempted to be productive.

To do the laundry and wash the dishes and vacuum and dust.

I got some of it done.

But for the most part, today was spent sitting on the couch holding my sweet babe and being so thankful for the last 10 weeks at home with him.

I kissed him.

I breathed him in.

I snuggled with him.

I gazed at him in awe.....


.....and I cried a few times.

It's only three days a week, so I shouldn't be sad.


But I feel like, starting tomorrow, time will start to slip away from me.


2 comments:

emily said...

he is getting so big! how exciting.
i hope going back to work goes well for you. i'd like to hear all about it the juggle.

Christy said...

Right there with you! Leaving is HARD.

He's a cutie!