Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nursery Part 2: the crib & bedding


THE CRIB-

The crib was a no brainer for me.

White.

Nothing fancy.
Smallish. (the nursery is just a wee little room)

Ikea really came through for me with the Gulliver Crib.


(note: this is not the crib that was recalled)


THE BEDDING-

I'm a quilt lover. Seriously....I love a quilt.

Finding a plain white quilt, without ribbons and bows and lace, was next to impossible.

That's where mi Madre's bestie comes into the picture.

Rose. Oh Rose. She is a wild woman who I love to love. She calls me her Little Court...with a New Hampshire accent (Liddle Corrrdt). How can I not love her???

She surprised me and had a beautiful quilt (along with sheets, bumper and skirt) custom made for my sweet babe to be.

It's perfect.

White. Plain. Quaint. Cozy.

Tie it all together (along with a little over the crib diddy I picked up at Ikea for $7) and I think the crib/bedding turned out SPLENDID!!!!


No comments: