Wednesday, March 9, 2011

very beery idea....

I've decided, since I love beer and all it's brewed goodness, to hunt

down the best recipes which include beer as a main ingredient......
and make them

Wanna join me for this crazy hoppy, distilled and fizzy ride?

I think good ol Ben Franklin said it best,

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."


First up: Guinness Pie

(Well I guess technically my bountiful beer bread was first up, but that was before I had this genius idea.....and 'seconds up' sounds stupid....so we just won't count the bountiful beer bread as part of this beertastic adventure.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to try these! http://lepetitpierogi.blogspot.com/2010/02/guinness-chocolate-cupcakes-with.html
I've had them bookmarked for a year and still haven't made them! If you beat me to them please let me know how they turned out!

Also - Closet Cooking just posted a whole bunch of beer bread-based recipes the other week - http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/03/beer-bread-caramelized-onion-grilled.html

drool!

Heather said...

I think I ate this at nearly every meal when we were in Ireland! Let me know if you find a good recipe! Can't wait!

kate said...

why are we eating out tomorrow night instead of you making me something tasty like said guinness pie? i kid, i kid! can't wait to see my favorite people!