Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the knicks and the knacks


our bungalow is (mostly) full of things i love
things i have found along the way
family things past down
books i have read
gifts from family and friends

(note: i say 'i' here because stone is pretty much content with letting me do the decorating)

my favorite room is our 'parlor'
it is the room we use the least
i hate to admit it is because there is no tv
when we do find ourselves tucked into this corner of our house
i find myself content and cozy
the record player will be spinning
and  the conversation uninterrupted by the game or show or whatever else might be on the boob tube

my favorite part of the room is the piano
my grandfather gave it to mi madre when she was little
and she gave it to us last year
we had a doozy of a time moving it
but i'm so happy we did
i smile every time i look at it



i have topped it with some of my favorite things:







No comments: