Monday, February 7, 2011

Nursery: Part 1

The number one question I got asked after someone found out that I didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl was:


"How are you decorating the nursery?"


I decided, prior to ever getting pregnant (or even thinking about getting pregnant), that boy or girl I wanted to paint the walls a cozy shade of white-ish blue (aka: really really really really light blue).


After that I decided all that mattered to me was the nursery be a cozy little space, with pieces (aside from the crib) I could eventually incorporate into the rest of my home.


No theme, no color scheme, no plan......just found pieces I fell in love with/fixed up.


I call it cohesive hodgepodge.


First Purchase: the chair

Mission: find a hideous old chair to refurbish and make fabulous


I found this chair at a (semi) local antique store for $12......yes you read that right $12.


It was ugly but had good bones.


After a few trips to fabric stores, a sweet paint job by Stone and a quick trip to the upholstery shop (thank you Madre and Heather!!!!)....the finished product was better than I had hoped for.





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

amazing transformation! i'll have to keep this in mind! :)