Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Keep it to yourself!

The problem with being practical, and purchasing Christmas gifts early, is that I am BURSTING to tell Stone what I got him.


I already caved and gave him one of his presents early....and not because he asked for it! I just walked into the room and said, "I'm gonna give you one of your Christmas presents today." to which he even went so far as to so, "Nah, you should save it for Christmas." Which only made me want to present him with a gift even more!!!!


I can't even tell you about the gift I am super pumped to give him. What if today is the day he decided to do his random read through of my recent posts?


How about I tell you what I already told him????


It was originally priced at $94.00 then marked down to $54 then when I went to pay it rang up as $41!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally yelped with glee.


PS: I know it is rude for the gift giver to tell the giftee the price of their gift, but we are talking about Stone here. He makes a special trip to another grocery store to buy toilet paper because it is cheaper there....the man loves a bargain.


5 comments:

emily said...

i love it. my friend just asked if she could send something to my house for her husband so he wouldn't find out and probably so she wouldn't get so antsy about it. heheh.

Jennifer said...

I go to another store to buy cheaper toilet paper too!!! hahahaha

And my husband and I have ALWAYS (and by always, I mean every year for the past 8 years) caved and gave each other our presents early. It's just so exciting !

Saskia said...

Haha, you guys are so funny!

My friend poured me a cup of tea at her house last weekend, the teapot dripped EVERYWHERE. So I told her that her teapot was terrible and she agreed. Then I told her that she now knew what to expect from me at Christmas :)

I don't do subtle!!
xx

Paulina said...

too funny. What is it with men loving a bargain? I mean, my Mr loves knowing the prices of everything in the grocery store, and the price of gas at the three nearest gas stations.


PS: this post reminds me that I can't buy Mr. Man's gifts until like three days before christmas, because I too would bust from excitement.

Unknown said...

ohhh tell me when you got him! i am having trouble coming up with "man presents."