Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Betty Crocker?


I'm not sure where I got the idea in my head that once married a girl becomes some sort of domestic goddess....but I can assure anyone who asks, it ain't true folks!

It's taken about a year and three months for me to become domestic. I am sad to report no where near goddess though.

Don't get the wrong idea by all this....I am a feminist and PROUD of it. I don't think it is just the lady's job to get things done around the house. My hubs knows what he is to do around our house, the vacuuming and the laundry...the laundry is in the basement and I just plain don't go down to that haunted place, but that is a neither here nor there (and deserves it's own post on it's own day)

But recently it is as if a switch has been turned on in this little lady's head! I must admit I rather enjoy coming home to my humble home, with my lovely husband in it, and whipping up a tasty meal. Heck, enjoy is the wrong word...I'm PROUD of my tasty meals!!! And proud of my fun bright kitchen to boot! I've even been doing the dishes EVERY DAY. None of that leaving them in the sink stuff. I'm getting things done around here.

Oh, to explain the picture....I had intended on posting a bitchin pic of my kitchen but failed to get the picture loaded properly. Therefore I present the cake from my bridal shower. I know lame, but it is all I could come up with!

No comments: