Wednesday, July 8, 2009

wait a minute?


I think there might be a spell on my Great Gran Estelle's aprons. I put one on after work today, and instantly turned into Suzy Homemaker. It was weird. Right after I tied it around my waist I started cooking dinner. Fish Tacos and Couscous....strange pairing, but I work with what I got.



holy condiments!

(well actually, right after I tied it around my waist I ate a piece of Jarlsberg on a slice of sourdough bread.....then I started cooking dinner)


Then I wanted to clean the downstairs bathroom. Then I wanted to scrub the kitchen floor. Then (this is where it gets really weird) Stone joined in on the cleaning and started scrubbing the scuff marks off the stairs! The magic (or voodoo, however you want to look at it) jumped to him too! I helped him clean the steps. He scrubbed, I wiped clean......



As good as new. Thank you Mr. Clean Magic Erasers!

Perhaps I should stick with this apron thing.

PS: My Gran Estelle is my Papa's mom. Papa is mi Madre's dad. He has Alzheimers. It is sad, but you have to smile and laugh through it. Like tonight my mom was at the rehab facility with him and the nurse came in for speech therapy. She pointed to my Mama (mi Madre's mom) and asked him who it was.


Papa: "Um....that's my wife."
Nurse: "What's here name?"
Papa: "Estelle" (Mama giggles...her name is Virgil)
Nurse: (pointing at mi Madre, his oldest daughter) "There's Michele. Who is she?"
Papa: "She's a drunk."

(note: I should probably tell you mi Madre is in fact not a drunk. She prefers to sit back and watch the rest of us make fools of ourselves....then drive us home)


5 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Sounds to me like you should keep wearing that apron. If for nothing else wear it as a fashion item.

Kati024 said...

Those stairs look bitchin'...good work!!!!!!

Saskia said...

Aprons, especially frilly ones, have that effect - THE APRON EFFECT.

I LOVE your stairs!!! The grey, and the white, and the wood!! I want them!!!

x

Anonymous said...

I need to get me a magic apron! Well done on the stairs!

Maggie May said...

'she's a drunk' !! ha! my grandpa had dementia and never said anything so amusing :)
hello, i like your blog