Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SCRATCH

(photo from the hot air balloon race that flew over our house last summer)

On the long (cold) drive back from Detroit this weekend, the conversation inevitably turned to how we can't wait for spring.

Monday, while cooking veggie chili with Katie Jean, we got to talking about all of things we can't wait to do this spring/summer.

It never fails. Every winter, about mid-way through the season, we get 'the itch'. Some people say 'cabin fever'...but I think 'the itch' sounds sinister and funny.

Right now I've got 'the itch' for:


food cooked on a grill
warm breezes (as apposed to the razor blade laced wind gusts we have now)
flip flops
bike riding
walking the dog (farther than around the block)
walking to the produce stand down the street
dining al fresco
cannon balls into the pool
sun kissed faces
thunderstorms (even though I get spooked)
picnics
open sunroofs and windows down while driving
birds-a-chirpin
drinks with umbrellas in them (I know I can have it now, but it seems wrong)
falling asleep in the sun

Hurry warm weather....I miss you!

3 comments:

emily said...

flip flops!! al fresco!! i need these things right now!!!

mo.stoneskin said...

Are you saying you don't have 'the itch' for multi-coloured fonts?

Jane said...

That list left me day dreaming! Gotta snap out of it till at least spring though! Sad day!