Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gearing Up....

So I'm gearing up to be to be labeled 'world's best aunt'.

However there is a problem.

The momma-to-be is not my sister, which means.......I've got competition.

My sister-in-law is set to pop out our nephew, Emmett, in early March. (note: first boy grand child...we are pretty pumped about it) If I want to get the "world's best aunt' title I need to start strategizing now!

So far I think I'm doing pretty good. I recently purchased this for Emmett.....

....I snagged this jazzy little exersaucer not because the momma-to-be wanted it (which she did by the way) but because that little baby looks like it is having THE TIME OF IT'S LIFE!!!

IT'S IN THE BAG! SLAM DUNK! THAT KID IS GONNA LOVE ME!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
crap! I just remembered how dirty my sister plays.....

......She has a pool in her backyard. How the hell am I supposed to compete with that!?!?!?

3 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I've always seen you as my best aunt.

*blink*

Did I say that out loud? And how can you be my aunt?

emily said...

my sister and i (the only ones without kids) totally compete for favorite aunt. don't worry, i think you won't have a problem :)

Jane said...

I am sure you can figured out a way to beat that! Awesome gift!