Sunday, October 11, 2009

maybe you will have better luck....



Don't let the top of this pie fool you. Yes, it looks delicious with it's carmel and walnut covered cool whip goodness. But underneath it is a hot mess. Well, not really a hot mess...it is after all a 'no bake' pie.


I made two of these pies.......both of them flawed from the start because I went to the 'dirty Kroger' down the street from my J.O.B....which didn't have the needed ingredients.


(It's 'the dirty Kroger' for many reasons. First and foremost it kind of smells like urine and secondly because it never has what you need. Or it will pretend to have what you need...like an avocado for example, but then when you go to pick up said avocado your thumb goes right through it because it is so past it's prime)


NOTE: You cannot substitute canned pumpkin with canned pumpkin pie filling. I learned this the hard way (ie: two ruined pies). Thank you 'dirty Kroger'.


The recipe can be found here. It honestly looks like a little slice of heaven...when made correctly.


PS: whoever said getting the first slice of a pie out of the pie, without mangling the rest of the pie, was easy....needs to come to my house and give me a lesson on how to cut a pie.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Curse you dirty Kroger. That pie looks delcious! Sorry it didn't turn out!

Jocelyn said...

It looks yummy despite the "dirty Kroger" problems:-)

Christy said...

I'll take a slice of hot mess please, that looks delish!

Llama said...

It def. does LOOK good...sorry it didnt turn out as planned :(

mo.stoneskin said...

"whoever said getting the first slice of a pie out of the pie, without mangling the rest of the pie, was easy"

I don't think that was me, but I may stop by for pie anyway.