Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weekend Awesomeness



*Remember when I posted about finding an old metal table top (I think I used the word formica and that is incorrect) for $25 that I am going to slap some legs on and make into a table????

Well, I have one up-ed myself. I found an old metal topped table for $20 at Goodwill on Monday!!!!!!! (remember, I don't work Mondays therefore I must spend my time wisely...like shopping for bargains)


Please excuse the blurry pictures. I may or may not have dropped our new camera and successfully broke the lens. (sshhhh!!!)

I'm not sure what I am going to use this little gem for, but I do know I'm going to slap some paint (possible red) on those legs!!!!


* Saturday night whilst hanging out with Katie Jean and Babs (who by the way just bought a house 2 blocks from us....EEEEKKK!!! so excited!) something absolutely awesome happened. All of us...Katie Jean, Babs, Stone and I...sang, from our hearts, the ENTIRE Golden Girls theme song.

If by chance you are unfamiliar with this tune....have a listen



Now picture in your head four adults (OK, semi-adults), 2 of which are men, belting this song as loud as possible.

It.Was.Awesome.

I don't know what prompted the singing, but the memory of our quartet will warm my heart for years to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm. i love goodwill. the end.

Unknown said...

ahhhh, golden girls! so awesome. i miss Rose's stories about St. Olaf.

awesome table, btw!

mina said...

that show was awesome. the song was even more awesome....& thanks so much for the well wishes.