Monday, October 5, 2009

Nearing the End

I have paint under my fingernails. I have a medium to mild headache from the fumes. My house is in shambles. (don't even get me started on the guest bedroom...aka: the 'hold everything room' at the moment) But....

BUT.....

The family room is almost complete. I'm rounding third base and heading home. This morning I need to slap the third and final coat of paint on the walls, and watch it dry. Or not watch it dry. Because that sounds about as fun as the Glaucoma test at the eye doctor. That damn puff of air never fails to make me jump out of me seat!

A preview for you.....here are the new pillows going on our couch. My dear sister (who at this moment is cruising through the Mediterranean...yes, I am a teensy bit jealous...who wouldn't be?) picked them up for me. She has an eye for lovely and I'm the lucky duck who she shares her finds with!





On a completely non related note.....I had poor decision making skills on Saturday. We had a block party on our street. The festivities were outside and since it is officially winter here, it was about 7 degrees. I thought it a great idea to warm myself up with a bit (or a bunch) of hot apple cider....spiked with whiskey. This equals I hated my life on Sunday morning. But...

BUT.....

(there's always a 'but')

Not only was it delicious, it did keep me toasty warm!!!!


5 comments:

Summer Athena said...

i love the pillows and i am glad you were kept toasty warm even if it meant having a bit of a headache the next am.

mo.stoneskin said...

When you've finished fancy helping us with some decorating?

Unknown said...

awesome pillows!

cant wait to see pics of your new living room!

if it makes you feel better, we're reorganizing our bedroom so all our stuff is in the living room area (let's be honest, i live in a loft so it's all one space) and now my home is trashed. i am having panic attacks just thinking about it. i'm also secretly hoping it will all magically be put back together before i get home tonight.

BrightenedBoy said...

Wow, that cold already? But apple cider (with or without whisky) definitely sounds good.

I'm looking forward to owning my first home, having what furniture and decorating in which style I want. It must be very exciting for you.

Saskia said...

Ooh those pillows are LOVELY!!! I can't wait to see the finished project!!! I bet you're completely fed up of paiting now.

That apple cider sounds wonderful. Autumn has truly arrived here too :(

xxx