Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Success....finally


In the 2.5 years that we have lived in our home, I have been unable to make a batch of cupcakes in our oven....without burning them.

I know what you are thinking, USER ERROR. But honestly it's not me, it's the oven. Even mi Madre, best cook I know, burned cornbread muffins in my oven.

Let's just say what needs to be said....our oven is the devil.

Well, the tides turned on Saturday.
Voila!!!!


I successfully made a batch of (unburned) carrot cake cupcakes! (in Scooby-Doo wrappers...I think they give them a little something extra special)

PS: I had planned on making red velvet cupcakes (my favorite) but was unable to find the mix anywhere. Has anyone else noticed red velvet cake mix has gone missing?!?!?!?!

PPS: Heck yeah I use boxed cake mix! Who do you think I am, Betty Crocker!?!?!?

PPPS: I'm sorry for getting saucy just then. It would be lovely if you thought I was Betty Crocker. Completely insane, but still....lovely.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

carrot cake is the best! carrot cake + sprinkles = my head just exploded. (in a good way.)

Jocelyn said...

those look especially yummy! i do cakes/cupcakes for people and i am all over box mixes! the last time i looked we still had red velvet, but i haven't looked in a while. It's ok to think you are BC:-)

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you. baking success really helps everything to fall into place :) wish i could've tasted the success with you, hehe

Summer Athena said...

they look delish and so pretty! good for you!

i have never seen red velvet cake mix. i thought i always had to do it from scratch.

also, cake box mixes are just as good! i add pudding sometimes and it keeps them moist!

A "cheery" disposition said...

they look great! And I love the scooby doo wrappers.

mo.stoneskin said...

You defeated the devil?! Wow!

Paulina said...

I know this might sound redic, but baking cupcakes has always been one of my favorite things in the world. Well, besides eating them of course. These look awesome. Oh and bottle cake mix in underrated, bc it is delish.

PS: send me your email and I will send you the recipe for pumpkin chili (my fave dish for the fall!) I might get inspired and do a post on it, but if not, i would love to send the recipe your way :)

Saskia said...

A perfect pick me up! And a perfect defeat of the burneroven!

Hope you're enjoying them!

xx