Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Red, White & Blue

Happy Veteran's Day!



I love that my dad takes a vacation day every year on Veteran's Day so that he can go to not one but two Veteran's Day programs for his granddaughters. I remember when I was little how proud I was at the Veteran's Day program in school that MY DAD was a veteran. When the principal asked all the kids with parents who were in the armed forces to stand I got to stand proud with a big grin on my face!...it was great. Thank you Dad (and all veterans for that
matter) for making us proud!




I have gotten weepy each time a patriotic song has come on the radio today.




*note: It is not uncommon for me to have a simple tear spring to my eye due to the following:




watching fire works...they are so exciting


listening to loud orchestra music....ESPECIALLY when there is a church choir singing along!...whew, that is a REAL doozie for this lady!


standing up for the national anthem before a sporting event


those are just a few but BELIEVE me there are many many many more....





I just heard Celine Dion sing a tear inducing rendition of God Bless America. Do you think her fellow Canadians are upset with her for singing it?




I'm not, it was lovely.....










No comments: