Monday, November 10, 2008

time and elbow grease....

I was browsing through some old photos the other day and came across this....







This is a photo of our kitchen prior to us moving into our house and making it our home. Doesn't it look sad? Nothing against the lady we bought our house from, I'm just a bit more in to COLOR and making things fun. So after time and a little elbow grease...much of that time and elbow grease came from family and friends....we finally got our house looking more like our HOME!





Here is my kitchen that I am oh so proud of! My kitchen that I cook my lovely husband and friends tasty meals in. My kitchen that friends gather in.....even though it is teeny tiny and they have the rest of the house to gather in they always end up in the kitchen. My kitchen that makes me super happy we didn't get a bigger dog because Matilda only weighs 27lbs and isn't very tall but can still reach her little paws to food I leave on the edge of the counter. (to think I actually wanted a Great Dane!) My kitchen with it's window over the sink so I can see my love while he is working in the back yard. My kitchen where I learned how to use a gas stove....almost burning my eyebrows off in the process! My kitchen that makes me smile every time I walk into it because I think of everyone who helped make it ours.

































No comments: