Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fill Yourself With Fall

I wore my first wool sweater of the season today.
It.Was.Itchy.
The cool weather got me craving something fallish. Lucky for me, mi Madre baked me a loaf of pumpkin bread!
Obviously the only natural thing for me to do is A) show you a picture of said loaf so you can drool and B) share the recipe for said loaf so you can get to filling yourself with some fall goodness!!!


(note: As you can tell via the above photo, Stone and I clearly filled ourselves with some fall goodness. We have eaten 3/4 of the loaf in a day...OOPS!)

Pumpkin Bread-mini loaf


Ingredients
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup oil
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
3 t vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans

How To
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat the eggs.
Add sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla to eggs and mix until creamed
Combine salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and flour.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture...along with the chopped pecans.
Mix until everything in incorporated.
Pour raw ingredients into mini loaf pans and bake 35-40 minutes.....or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Place mini loaf pans on a cooling rack, let cool, then remove and ENJOY!

(note: can make into larger loaves or muffins...will need to adjust cooking time accordingly)

7 comments:

nokomis said...

mmmmmmmmmmm... will make soon. Thanks!

Saskia said...

YUM.... I don't blame you guys for devouring it!! Looks delicious!

Saskia x

Unknown said...

first of all...your mother sounds awesome!

second of all...i am in love with that plate.

Summer Athena said...

delish!

Jocelyn said...

Very yummy looking! I love that plate as well!

Slyde said...

that looks really good. Too bad i cant do much more than boil water :(

Paulina said...

oh.my.goodness. this looks like heaven in bread form. I MUST TRY THIS!!!! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Ps: I am loving your plate!