Monday, September 7, 2009

The Family Dinner

In August we had an 'End of Summer Family Celebration' at our house.

It was lovely.
Hot, but lovely.

We ate. We drank. We laughed. We hugged. We were a family.

We went around the tables and each person said something nice about the person to their left, or something the person to their left accomplished this year. My personal favorites were:

1. Chloe informing mi Madre she had been " a really good grandma this year." (as opposed to every other year??? ha!)

2. Stone telling everyone my 'accomplishment' this year was successfully completing my first colonoscopy.

3. Les (my sister's husband) telling everyone Heather's 'accomplishment' this year is that she will have been married to him "the man of her dreams" (ha!) for 15 years.

It was so great to just be together as a family....and it not be a holiday. Does that make sense? We were all just there to celebrate each other. I'm so lucky to have been born into such a wonderfully chaotic family. So many people, so many personalities, so much love....it always makes for an interesting time!

Photos from the day for your viewing pleasure..... (note: I never take enough photos during the festivities. I always have the camera out at the beginning and then I set it down!)





CJ teaching Laney a magic trick....which she then continued to show us for the rest of the evening.




Heather, Jennie & me....Jennie & Chloe
PS: Jennie has a wee little bun in the oven! We are all VERY excited for her and CJ!!!





Rick & Hayleigh, Chloe & Madre, Hayleigh & Madre



The tables

The girls. (look at Laney's {far right} pose...hilarious!)

Hayleigh wasn't feeling 'the girls photo' so she hung out by the beverages.

Even Tilda had a good time!



5 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

But what about you, do you see it as an 'accomplishment'?!

Court said...

Adorable picnic set up!

Sierra said...

First time at your blog, I like all of your photos and glad you had a wonderful weekend! :)

AliHartnett said...

Oh my! Heath looks SOOO much like your mom in the girls pic!

Saskia said...

Gorgeous photos Court! It looks like such a wonderful time. Matt's family is a little like yours I think... very large and warm and laugh easily :)

x