Friday, May 22, 2009

Are You Ready!?!?!?!



Three Things:

1. This weekend is a big weekend around these parts. The Indianapolis 500 is on Sunday.

What's all the fuss about you ask? Other than the fact that it is "THE GREATEST RACING SPECTACLE ON EARTH", it is a down right awesome time to get silly and hang out with some seriously trashy locals. It's basically a people watcher's dream come true. I pass on going to the actual race these days, but I do go to the track the day/night before the race. Stone's college buddies all post up in the "Coke Lot" with brews and food. (there is a Coca-Cola plant right next to the track that has a HUGE field they rent out for camping/parking during race weekends)



Things I have learned at The Track and/or in The Coke Lot

*never refer to a carnival worker as "a carnie"....it doesn't go over so well.
*unless you want to pass out on a bus, don't do keg stands in the afternoon (or evening for that matter)
*when sitting in direct sunlight during and 90 degree day, it is a good idea to pack something other than beer in your cooler (I learned that the hard way)
*if possible during the 90 degree direct sunlight day, sit next to a friendly older woman spritzing herself with a water bottle that has a fan on it (she eventually will feel bad for you and spritz you too)
*take a camera, snap as many photos as possible because people won't believe you when you say "I saw a man with a checkered flag shaved into his back hair" If you have a camera (like I did) you can say "SEE!!!!"



***NOTE: I know. It is shocking, hilarious and disgusting all at once....


2. Stone and I leave for Charleston, SC on Monday morning. I'm so excited I could pee my pants a little bit....but I won't because that's plain embarrassing.

3. I don't usually eat ice cream....BUT, last night Stone surprised me with a little individual size Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake. a) it was delicious 2) there was a spoon under the lid so I didn't have do dirty up one of ours c) it is just about the cutest little thing ever!....just the right amount



PS: perhaps this is really the cutest thing ever.....look at his belly!!! (and at his super sexy dad!!!)





8 comments:

Saskia said...

That man with the chequered back....

You should post a warning!! I could have been eating my lunch!!!


BLLLLUUUUURRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yuk.

Awww at the baby!! and Yay for Charleston!! our holidays are finally here :)

Have a great time!!

xx

Christy said...

LOL, I went to Speedway once the night before the race, and WOW, just WOW!

have fun and be sure to post some pics!

Court said...

How adorable!
(Mateo and baby pic)

How disgusting, hilarious and shocking! (hairy back checkered flag)

Have a great weekend!

mo.stoneskin said...

I'm hoping for some exciting accounts of carnie-behaviour ;)

Leslie said...

Good luck with that hydrangea! They just make me happy!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhhhhh. So cute. I'm dying to go to Charleston. We don't live that far from it. Time to plan!

kate said...

please remind stone that he owes me $5 bucks..i haven't forgot about our bet! great time at the track as usual AND have a safe trip. i'll miss you!!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy girl with an affinity for total strangers! :)