Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FLASHBACK

I am the youngest of four children. 2 boys and 2 girls. (it goes girl, boy, boy, girl)

The younger of my two bros was a bit of a hypochondriac when we were growing up. He was/is also pretty naive which we all used to our advantage. The other day I was staring off into space (something I do far to often) thinking about who knows what, when a couple funny memories of CJ and his "medical scares" popped into my head.

I will share one with you....

For about a month when CJ was in middle school he would cry at dinner because he "just couldn't get full". He was certain he had a tape worm sucking all of the nutrients from his body. My mom tried to assure him he was just going through a growth spurt so his body needed more food than usual. (he is now 6'3" or 6'4") Being the type of siblings who relish any chance to deepen another siblings irrational fears....Rick told CJ one night at dinner that he definitely agreed with him that he had a tape worm. He also told him to be careful to not hold his forkful of food in front of his face too long. "The worm" might get impatient and snatch the food off of the fork before he had a chance to put it in his mouth.

How awful is that!?!?!?!

(pretty awful...but I still laugh out loud every time I think of it)


PS: I thought a few old school photos would pair nicely with this post.

A few things I would like you to notice:


PHOTO #1 (CJ & our Pops)
1. my pops' awesome stash...HILARIOUS! (note: he no longer rocks it out 80's style)
2. the olive green fridge in our kitchen...classy
3. my pops' bitchin front pocket jeans


PHOTO #2 (CJ & RICK)
1. by bro Rick (the older of the two) clearly has feathered hair that mi Madre styled before this photo




4 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

From the moment I saw and read about tapeworms at school I've been terrified of them, so he has my sympathy!

Jill said...

hahahahahahahahahaha. oh em gee, that is hilarious! i just spit my tea out on my lunch. way to go.

Saskia said...

haha!! this is too funny! That would have scarred me for life!

x

Court said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!