Tuesday, May 12, 2009

chuckle....

I like (ok love) wine.


See.....




note: since this photo, my pallet has matured....I'm on to loving the red vino. (haha..."my pallet matured"...I'm an ass)


My love for the vino in no way means however that I know what type of wine I should purchase (I generally judge a bottle of wine by it's label) nor do I personally taste the "hint of jasmine or tickle of grapefruit" when doing a wine tasting.

Call me old school, but I just taste goodness.

Last Thursday Katie Jean and Momma O took me along for their monthly wine club meeting. (wine tasting + hors d'oeuvres = I'M THERE!) Now remember, I really know nothing about wine other than that it tastes good and makes me sassy. So imagine my surprise when one of the other ladies (strangers) sitting at our table leaned over to the owner of the wine store and asked, "Do you like menage a trois?" And I'm not the only one who didn't have a clue where she was going with that!!!....the owner of the store (a sweet older gentleman) slowly said, "Nooooooo. Dooooo yoouuuu???" She then went into a whole explanation of why she was trying to find another wine similar to it and blah blah blah.

But the damage had already been done. My giggle reflex had already been turned on. I glanced over at Katie Jean who was looking down/grinning which only made it worse.

Things got a little awkward. How am I supposed to know there is a wine with such a racy name?!?!?

(yes, I'm still a teenager)

(In the future I think it would be to the mystery lady's benefit to start that conversation with a "Do you like the wine menage a trois?" Less room for misunderstandings, no?)

3 comments:

Saskia said...

Haha :) I can just imagine it!! I think I would have splurted my wine everywhere at that!

x

Court said...

I like (ok love) wine too...we went to a vineyard in California once and no, I couldn't define the differences of what was supposed to be going on with my pallet. I thought they were ALL FABULOUS! And by the time we left I had tasted nearly everything they had to offer, was wasted, and said something about bathing in a tub a merlot. Yes. And it was time to leave.

mo.stoneskin said...

I was just about to ask you a tricky question about Californian grape varieties.

I'll go elsewhere...

:)