Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CONFESSION


I am about to type something I never thought I would.........


I went to the New Kids On The Block concert on Sunday night.


Before you judge, read:

Katie Jean called and said she had snagged a couple tickets and she thought it would be hilarious to go. I was iffy...but then decided I didn't have anything else to do on Sunday night so why not. Stone drove us to and from the concert like a regular soccer dad. (Thank you love!) Enabling us to get to the proper intoxication level needed in order to enjoy such a concert.

"Hilarious"
doesn't even do the night justice.
*First off, I have never seen so much neon in my life.
*Grown men were there, clearly forced by their wives to attended. I'm 99% sure that if I had offered a straight razor to any of them, they would've taken it with joy.
*Entire groups of women dressed to impress with matching (professionally made) NKOTB t-shirts, hats, tank tops, buttons, pants....you name it, we saw it!

Katie Jean and I had a photo shoot in attempt to grasp the general attitude around us throughout the concert.....

The calm before the storm

"the storm" aka: NKOTB

I think we were able to capture the pure insanity surrounding us after the men playing "new kids" came out on stage.

This husband (and father...his daughter was there as well) did NOT feel the same as the women around us. On top of being pissed at life that he was at a NKOTB concert (notice the ear plugs?) his wife forced him to wear this super cool shirt....which matched hers

The lights went out for about 20 seconds and when they came back up the "new kids" were out in the crowd. They were spread out in the pavilion, each had their own block to stand on. We were close to Donny and the one that no one knows his name.....We definitely captured the "ARE THEY REALLY STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT ME, SO CLOSE THAT I CAN TOUCH THEM!?!?!?" faces that all of the fans had. (a combo platter of confusion and glee)

This photo is a true representation of what our reaction was after 200+ women stampeded past us (jumping over seats I might add) damn near trampling us, trying to get to the "new kid" closest to them.

Thank you Sweet Bean!!!!! I had oh so much fun with you!.....and the "new kids"

4 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

You *ahem* certainly captured the range of moods exceptionally well! I'm proud of the chap wearing ear plugs. Good man.

RCaitlin said...

Hahahaha how funny! My older sister was obsessed with them I think when she was grade school.

Saskia said...

Haha, that must have been one of the weirdest-funniest nights!! Your description of the confusion and glee face is hysterical!! Go to a Take That concert and it's the same... screaming, crying, ecstatic smiling, more crying... I swear half the audience have panic attacks from their shear excitment!!

x

Organic Meatbag said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.