Friday, June 19, 2009

impromptu

Miss Kitty and I took an impromptu trip to Bloomington last night to check out the "Yard Sale" at UrbanOutfitters. It was a bit picked over, but I still managed to snag:

*jeans
*a funky top (they only had it in a large so it is a bit more like a jumper....we'll see how I like it once I put it all together)
*sunglasses
*a flask (for Stone...it was only $4.99 and he was just saying the other day how a flask might come in handy sometime)

I found two other tops that I liked. Here is one of them:



but I didn't LOVE them....so I had to pass.

But goodness me! I'm forgetting the best part about our impromptu (mini) road trip!!!!! We got to visit with one of my dearest friends, Ali!!!!!!!!!!



Her and I go way back. Seriously. We met at the ripe old age of 2, in our very first preschool class. Talk about a friendship spanning a life time! I love you little lady and it was wonderful to see you!!!

IN OTHER NEWS

I find getting a package in the mail (or even a letter) to be one of the most delightful things! Even if it is something I ordered, so I know it is coming, I can't stop the sheer glee from spreading across my face as I open up the parcel.

There was a little ditty waiting for me on the dining table when I got home from work last night.

Guess what it was!!!!!!!!!! The print I bought from Saskia!


Isn't it lovely?! I love doors and doorways so I couldn't pass up this beautiful photo she took while vacationing in Venice. What an eye for wonderful that lady has! Thank you Saskia for taking this photo for me.

(Yes, I just declared she took the picture strictly for me. ha!)

PS: if you want to purchase something from this amazing lady you can (and should) go HERE
PPS: seriously, go....she's got great stuff

PPPS: I'm not kidding

PPPPS: do it

(remember when I took the "PS" to the fourth power?)


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

2 comments:

Saskia said...

Wow, what publicity and praise!!! I loved seeing my photo up on your blog :)

I did take that photo just for you!! I had a 'best doorway' competition with my father in Venice as you'd inspired me to look for doorways!!

Hope you had a lovely weekend.

xx

Jen said...

Ooo! What is this "Yard Sale" at Urban Outfitters?! I love that store!