Thursday, June 4, 2009

lazy days





Charleston Charleston Charleston.....I miss you

If anyone is debating on whether or not to go to this fine city, I will settle it for you right now.

GO.

We ate. I'm pretty sure I would no longer fit into my jeans had we stayed a day longer. Shrimp and Grits, Crab Cakes, Cajun Shrimp Po-Boys, Scallops, Calamari, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steak and an open faced turkey sandwich to boot!





If you can't read the plaque, under the tasty bowl of cole slaw, it says "Michael Bolton at at this table".....so did Vanilla Ice

The only night we failed at eating something tasty for dinner was the day we went to the beach. In typical Court/Stone fashion we only heavily applied the SPF to our faces. Thus leaving the rest of our bodies "naked" to the sun's scorch. And scorch it did. The beach is such a tricky minx. That cool ocean breeze had us thinking we were hardly getting any sun at all! Oh how silly we were.....


note: Sorry for the close up of Stone's foot, but he clearly has some sort of sand repellent on his toenails! I thought it was highly strange and needed to be documented

Fast forward to later that night:

COURT: shivering under the covers, with just a pair of leggins on. The thought of putting ANYTHING against the skin on my back and shoulders was enough to bring a tear to my eye. (don't even get me started on how it felt pulling those leggins across the tomato red skin on the back of my legs and bum!)

STONE: "Court did you bring any PJ pants!?!?!" he asks me whilst shivering under the covers. "I only brought my yoga pants." "WHERE ARE THEY!??!"

I got a good laugh watching Stone do a jiggity jig around our room with my yoga pants painted on him.


We walked everywhere. (except the vineyard...that would've taken DAYS!)

We walked through the Piccolo Spoleto Festival, then spread our beach blanket in the park to people watch...eventually I feel asleep with the sun shining down on my face. (it was bliss)



We went to the Irvin-House Vineyards. The wine was different. It's made with the muscadine grape, I thought all the wines had a sort of bitter after taste....not my fav. BUT.....Irvin-House just so happens to be the birthplace of FireFly Sweet Tea Vodka! (if you haven't had it....get it! It is dangerously tasty) We weren't allowed to do any tastings of the vodka, but the owner of the vineyard came out and gave us a taste of his newest concoction. A coffee flavored rum. It literally tasted like iced coffee. Again, dangerously tasty.

We shopped.

We relaxed

We loved it!


The Smokey Mountains on our drive home

2 comments:

Saskia said...

Court, your photos are lovely... I love the one of you on the beach!! And the doorway, of course!!

It looks like you had a great time!!

I'll get the doorway photos up in my etsy shop soon :)

xx

mo.stoneskin said...

Hope the scorched skin is recovering. I always get burned no matter how much factor 50 I wear. Another reason why I don't like the sun!