Tuesday, June 23, 2009

a tasty treat....for Y.O.U!

but first......

*You know how little kids who eat pancakes w/syrup for breakfast seem to smell like syrup for the rest of the day? And as an added bonus they totally have sticky syrup fingers too? Well that was me today....minus the sticky fingers.

I had brown sugar & maple syrup oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I kept looking around for the rogue sticky fingered child hiding in my office. And then I realized the rogue kid was me. Good times!

and now a tasty treat for Y.O.U!.......

I made Shish KaBobs for dinner tonight. Or should I say Shish KaCourtneys???

(I guess if you want to get down to the nitty gritty I should technically say Shish KaMicheles since it is mi Madre's marinade recipe after all....but let's not get too technical. OK?)

You can do any old meat and veggies with this marinade recipe. Tonight (or rather last night since I let them marinate overnight) I used onion, mushrooms, green peppers, potatoes and chicken.


Note: I used button mushrooms, but I think next time I'll use baby portabella...hopefully they will hold up a bit better in the marinade. The button shrooms really shrank up to the tiniest things!

THE RECIPE

"Mimi's Marinade"

*1 cup of light brown sugar
*2/3 cup of ketchup
*2/3 cup of cider vinegar
*1/2 cup of soy sauce
*1/2 cup of oil
*5-6 garlic cloves (minced)
*2 teaspoons of ground ginger

Whisk it all together in a bowl then pour into a zip-lock bag (or any container) with your (already cut) meat and veggies. Madre and I marinate the meat and veggies in two separate bags. Mostly because the idea of the sweet little veggies hanging out in a bag with raw chicken over night makes us a bit squeamish.

TA DA!!!!




Seriously delicious when cooked on the grill.

FYI: if by chance you make more KaCourtneys than you can eat, be sure to take the extras off the grill prior to sitting down to eat. We learned that lesson tonight....burnt to a crisp and smoking like all hell!

SOMETHING SILLY FROM THIS WEEKEND

What happens if you combine the following:

*free tickets to a beer & wine tasting (thank you Sweet Bean!)

*Katie Jean & Court having a few too many tastings


*an almost life sized Miller Lite Man cardboard cutout? (given to us by the oh so nice Miller Lite lady)



We may or may not have had a real live photo shoot with this little buddy
and
Matilda may or may not hate my guts after forcing her to be in many of the photos.

4 comments:

Christy said...

KaCourtneys look delish!

Love those Miller Lite pics - hilarious!

nokomis said...

Ha ha, Matilda looks like she's about to bark. I know that fed-up look from my own pooch.

Kati024 said...

Hilarious! I can't get enough of that picture with Tilly...makes me laugh out loud every time!!!!!

Saskia said...

Haha, Matilda looks so annoyed!! Meesh gives me the same look!!

The recipe looks delicious. I'll have to try it at our next bbq.

xx