Friday, June 5, 2009

looking forward to:

Before I get to what I'm looking forward to, let me share something crazy I saw yesterday:

I had to pop into the grocery store on my lunch break yesterday. (my Pops came over for dinner last night and I still needed an ingredient) Whilst walking in, I passed by a mother and her three children. Two of the children were walking. They looked to be around 5 & 8, give or take a year. The mom was carrying a little girl who appeared to be 6-8months old. When I got close to the mom, the child she was carrying in her arms had a pacifier in her mouth. Now that is not strange by any means. My brother usually had a passie in his mouth, in each hand, each pocket of his overalls and one clipped to his shirt. He was prepared for a passie mishap. Upon further inspection of the wee babe in it's mother's arms I noticed something strange. The mother had attached an elastic cord to each side of the passie then placed that around the babe's head. Essentially, the mother gagged her kid with it's own passie!!!!!

Needless to say I was appalled and openly stared at the family as I walked by. I mean, I am completely fine with having one of those little clips that goes from the passie to the kid's shirt so it won't get lost or dropped on the ground. But COME ON!!!!! What if that little kid had a stuffed up nose or spit up!?!?!?!

Am I wrong to think this was so absurd?

MOVING ON FROM MY RANT.......




the stare down


So it's Friday.

IT.IS.FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited for the weekend. Can you tell?

I've got many a splendid thing planned for this fine first weekend in June.

Friday: Coldplay concert
*a certain unlucky friend of ours surprised us with tickets...lucky for me he is my friend.

Saturday: The Vintage Indiana Food and Wine Festival
*a certain sweet bean of a friend of mine (Katie Jean) snagged a few tickets then invited yours truly to go with her.....lucky for me I have friends with connections! (and who like wine)

See what I mean? A whole bushel of goodness packed into one weekend.


PS: This Etsy shop was on the front page the other day. It is chalk full of cute stuff, like this table runner for example.

Stone, don't you think this table runner would look too cute to boot on our dinning table? I do....


1 comment:

mo.stoneskin said...

That seems harsh. Bet it kept the kid quiet though, I could do with a passie now,

*suck suck*