Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in a nutshell....



















We take these pictures every year right before we load the car up to go to my sister's house. Gotta love Stone's pose...it's the same EVERY YEAR.




















We celebrated Christmas Eve with my family at my sister's house. She has a beautiful home and always puts together a delicious meal and a great time!

Here is a pic of me and my Papa....he has a tough go of it sometimes (he has Alzheimer's) but on X-mas Eve he was in high spirits and had a blast! He was so excited that it was Christmas!!!!



My mom and sister in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on dinner. We have turkey, ham, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes (made by yours truly) and lima beans (I respectfully pass on those)...basically we have Thanksgiving dinner again. I LOVE IT!





















Matilda and I were VERY happy with what Santa brought us!!!!



Stone and I decided to start a new family tradition....homemade waffles and mimosas for breakfast on Christmas morning. They were DELICIOUS!!!









I also went ahead and did a little "shopping" on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Thank you to everyone for tying such pretty ribbon and bows on all of our gifts. Now we have all of our ribbon for next year! I only had to buy one roll of "curly ribbon" this year....I don't think I will have to buy ANY ribbon next year. Why buy when you can just reuse!
Stone and his little sister saying CHEESE for me. We celebrated with his side of the family on Christmas Day and it was great fun. His parents gave us a Wii!...can I even begin to tell you how excited I am about this!?!?!?! AND Stone surprised me with one more gift while we were at there house.....Guitar Hero! I LOVE IT!!!
Stone loves it too and won us a bunch of new songs over the weekend! haha!
more on our fun filled weekend tomorrow!

No comments: