Friday, December 19, 2008

re-takes

I think it is only fair to post "re-takes" of our Christmas tree.


You know, like in school. I would get the packet with my yearbook photo (full of the wallet size to pass to friends... oh those were the days) but instead of being excited I would take a look at the picture and cringe. The thought of THAT picture being printed in the yearbook for people to see/remember for all of eternity was enough to make me cry.

But then a warm fuzzy feeling would come over me...I remembered "RE-TAKES"!!!



What a life saver those were!....as long as the re-take photo wasn't worse than the original. But that is the risk you take with re-takes.


So back to the point of my post.


I decided it would only be fair to my living room/Christmas tree to post the re-take photo I took.


I pushed back the sheer on one window so passers by could see our x-mas tree.

Notice anything different????



YUP, I did it! I bit the bullet and made the BIG curtains purchase!

I gotta tell ya....I love them! They pull the whole room together and make it look SOOOO cozy.

And guess what. I hung them ALL BY MYSELF! Stone was at my brother's watching the Colts game so I took down the mini blinds, got the drill out, measured where they needed to go, drilled pilot holes (using the right bit and EVERYTHING), and mounted those babies in no time!

My mom came over for emotional support (there were a few choice words said due to stripped screws in the mini-blinds) and to iron the new curtains for me....Thank you madre, I would be lost without you!



With my new found handy ladyness (not a word but it works), I feel like I can take on the WORLD!!!!

No comments: