Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas weekend in a nutshell part 2:

Once family time is done it is time for quality time with my favorite peeps. Here are the highlights:


* I had lunch with the girls (Lisa, Emma, Kitty & Sara) on Friday at Yats. As always it was good convo and good food. NOTE: if you live in Indianapolis and you have NOT visited Yats I feel sorry for you. It doesn't get any better than a little spicy Cajun creole and crispy bread! NOTE 2: Yats was nice enough to bless Chicago with a location now too!



No photos were taken at lunch so here is a pic of me and some of my gal pals at my wedding........From the left: Lisa, Jennie (married to my bro), Abby, Me, Sara, Kitty & Emma.

*Friday night brought a night out (again, NO thank you Indianapolis for NOT going smoke free!)





*Saturday was lazy and I loved every minute of it. Kitty and Kev came over to play some Wii.... I must confess that I am sore now. Really? Yes, Wii bowling has not only made my back sore but my legs and arms are a bit tight too. Perhaps I should make "staying committed to working out" one of my New Years resolutions??? I'm embarrassed!


It's only natural for these two best buds to fall asleep holding one another. Five minutes before this picture was taken the following was said by Kitty (above) to her boy toy Kev:

"Kev I don't know why you're not drinking....this beer is going down like WATER!!!"

*I had a rough go of it Sunday. Kitty and Kev were nice enough to take Stone and I to a Colts game (the new stadium is AMAZING!)....but Saturday night's impromptu Wii party + too much beer = this little lady was in bad shape at 9am when I had to get up to tailgate for the game. Not to worry though, after a few touch and go moments I was ok. After the game we had a Mexican feast for dinner and got to see Emma one more time before she hopped a jet plane back to San Fran.

Isn't the new stadium great!!!!

Thank you Stone for being the creepy guy to ruin a cute pic!....but it made me laugh


Best quote from the game:

Little boy in front of us: "Excuse me. Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

Me: "Not at all!"

Little boy: "Who scored the first touch down?"

Me: "Sorry buddy, I have no clue....I'm here for the beer."

Then his mom/sister/friend who he was with stated "Me TOO!" and cheersed me.


No comments: