Monday, January 26, 2009

almosts......

Saturday:

*I almost tried a new sushi place (Miyagi's) but the peeps who run the restaurant decided to play a silly trick on me and NOT be open for lunch on Saturdays or Sundays.

*I almost went to the Naked Tchopstix on the north side but they too decided to NOT be open for lunch on Saturday.

(note: they possible WERE open but since the open sign was not on, the parking lot lacked parked cars and it was too cold to get out to check if the door was unlocked we went to the regular Tchoptix location)

*It was almost made official that I am the single worst bowler in history.

I'm 2 points from "pro status" on Wii bowling. Clearly the flick of the wrist Wii bowling has done nothing but horrible things for my real live bowling game.....I never broke 70 on the scoreboard

On the plus side, we got to spend Saturday night with friends and had a grand time.

(Sorry my little Katie Jean that you weren't/aren't feeling very well and couldn't join in on the fun!)





CJ & Jennie (my bro & his wife/my friend) getting ready to hit some pins!





Abby celebrating her STRIKE!....her and her mad skills kept the girls team afloat



Kitty, me, Abby and Jennie....holding our "balls". (I guess Jennie didn't get the scarf memo)


Sunday:


*I almost had a Butterfinger Blizzard from Dairy Queen but due to my #1 UN-resolution (to get in shape) I thought it best to pass.


(plus DQ was closed....that is the real reason)


On a completely non-related note:

Isn't this a silly picture of The Bitch?

Well done Kitty!

PS: the first step to my UN-resolution #2 (learn to sew) was made yesterday. My mom-in-law is letting me borrow her sewing machine and I picked it up last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute/funny pic of you and your gf's bowling. There for a while we went out with our friends bowling. I think I got burnt out. I stink at it, but it's still fun! :-)

Saskia said...

Bowling's so fun! Looks like you had a great time. Your last photo has made me laugh!! She looks like "check me out, I can touch my nose with my tongue. Bet you can't, haha"

Thanks for the trans-atlantic hug, it's much appreciated x