Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not the same at all...but sorta




I am guilty of pretty much letting Matilda do whatever she wants (so is Stone).


I don't let her bring toys upstairs. She does anyway and I throw them back down.


I don't let her drink out of the toilet. She doesn't try, but if she did I would yell "NO!"


Other than that The Bitch pretty much rules the roost.


I fear I have created a monster.


I can't help it!


I love to come home and have her be so excited to see me she just jumps and jumps and jumps all over me. I love it when she puts her little paws up on my legs whilst gazing up at me with that "You know I'm too cute to quit so you might as well just scratch me behind my ears" look.


She begs while we are eating and if no one is looking I usually give her a little bite.


She is definitely welcome on the couch....she is great at keeping me warm while taking a nap so I can't not let her up, right?


She sleeps in our bed (generally snuggled in the crook behind my knees) and when I move around in my sleep I take care not to disturb HER. Yes, you read right....I don't want to disturb HER!


I'm officially off my rocker.


(so is Stone)


I know having a puppy is NOT the same as a child.


However, since I am clearly a push over when it comes to my dog WHAT SORT OF SHENANIGANS ARE MY FUTURE CHILDREN GOING TO GET AWAY WITH!?!?!?!?!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, just you wait! It's amazing the things you will say you will/won't do with your child and when the time comes, you'll do the exact opposite! The biggest thing I've learned thus far is to never comment/think/judge any parent on how they do things, b/c you never know what's going to work for you! ;-) I can't tell you how mnay times I've eatin my words!!!!

When are you all going to start poppin' out babes!? ;-)

Saskia said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Meisha has me, and Mr B, wrapped around her paw and we let her get away with so much... even to the detriment of our sofa, carpets etc.

Glad you like the new look of my blog!
Saskia x