Friday, January 9, 2009

System Overload:


I'm not a naturally creative person.


Does that make sense?

I can make things and cook things (no way in hell can a draw or paint) but when it comes to actually coming up with the ideas myself.....I just wasn't born with that gift.


I wish I were.


What I can do however is see someone else's masterpiece and try my damnedest to recreate it in my own (not as awesome) way.


Is it possible for one's head to pop off due to overload of borrowed ideas rolling around inside it?


If yes, I better tighten the scarf around my neck to keep my cabeza in place (sorry to be so graphic).


I am being taken over by other people's creativity!!!!


THANK YOU PEOPLE OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB!

sidebar: my mom still calls it that.

Mom: "Hey Court, can you look up Julie's address on the World Wide Web for me?"


CURRENTLY LOVING:






Don't these painted ceiling medallions look so fun! I've wanted to recreate this in our guest bedroom for about 2 months.....I think it is time to get real and DO IT.






You've already heard about my (almost crazy) love for this lady and her designs. Here is a taste of what I want the pillows (I will be making for my new couch) to look like.


OH! Stone, did I not tell you we are getting a new couch? It must have slipped my mind! OOPS!




I'm going gah gah over the broaches I found here. I tend to steer clear of patterns when choosing my wardrobe (they make me a bit nervous). I usually accessorize with funky earrings or shoes. I've decided to add a few lovely broaches to my repertoire. I'm going to seriously try to make a few myself....this should be interesting!

No comments: