Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm not calling it a resolution....

I've decided to attempt to better myself in a few ways this year, but I REFUSE to call them resolutions.


Lets get serious.




Resolutions are NOT usually kept.



Therefore I thought it best to not go around labeling the following things I hope to do.


#1




Seriously try to get in shape. Once the wedding was over with and I no longer had to fit into the dress I was in hog heaven. Literally. I pretty much have been eating whatever I want just like a little piggly wiggly.



The biggest incentive for me to whip this bod into shape (other than the obvious: I can't afford to buy all new jeans if I go up a size) we are taking a little vacation with friends to Hilton Head, SC this spring. I'm having a minor panic attack at the thought of squeezing myself into a swimsuit and our friends running in terror with their arms flailing when they see me.





#2


Learn to sew.




I feel slightly cheated that I was never taught as a child (oh, think of all things I could be making now).


Madre, you were cheated too so no hard feelings....I still love you.




I have recently become completely obsessed (not psycho style, but close) with Anna Maria Horner's fabric and pretty much everything she makes.




Example:






Is this dress/fabric not the cutest thing you have ever seen!??!?! I'm completely drooling over it.

I've been day dreaming about getting a new couch (solid color) and loading it with pillows made out of these fabrics:




Then covering our settee in one of these:




If you want to see more of what this amazing lady has to offer you can go here or here.

So here is to a new year and to attempting (heavy on the attempt) to better myself.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Oooh, those fabrics *sigh* and Awwww that photo (below!)... just too cute!

Hope he had a great birthday.

Saskia x

Andrea said...

Hey Chick! Funny you just posted a comment on the blog, b/c I'm stalking you right now! hehe ;-) It's good catching up with you! I don't know if I'll be very good at this thing, but I'm going to give it a heckuva try! Your little fam is too cute!

Andrea said...

btw, you and Kitty need to come and do the wine tasting at Hubers!

kate said...

I resolve to get a tan...too many pale pictures of Kitty on this thing! Thank goodness summer is right around the corner.

When you become a seamstress, i will let you sew me some beautiful curtains. You are welcome!!