Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why I'm Kicking Myself Right Now......

A CONVERSATION



WHERE: Nordstrom

WHEN: the day after Thanksgiving (madness!)

WHAT: the Free People "Grandpa Cardigan"

WHY: I'm trying on the sweater I have been drooling over for 3 months




sorry for the tiny pic

(the girl in the other picture I found had a scary look on her face)


Court: "Is this not the greatest thing ever!?!?!? It fits perfect! I can wear it with leggins and the brown boots Stone is giving me for Christmas."


Madre: "Court, you HAVE to get that."


Court: "I really really really want it."


Madre: "Get it!"


Court: "I can't."


Madre: (gives me the shocked face)


Court: "I really shouldn't be buying anything for myself right now since we are Christmas shopping."


Madre: "Is it on sale?"


Court: "Yeah. It used to be $160 and now it is $70."


Madre: "Case closed.....GET IT! I'll even go halvesies on it."


Court: "MOM! Get real...you are NOT going halvesies on this!"


Madre: "It's really cute and you need it!"


Court: (as I remove the sweater) "No, I'm buying for others today...not myself."


Madre: "You're gonna regret it."


Damn right I regret!


I spent an absurd amount of time online today (while at work) searching for this sweater.


Oh, I found it! NOT ON SALE AND NOT IN MY SIZE!!!!!


Mothers really do know best!




1 comment:

Saskia said...

Mother's do know best!!

How annoying about the sweater - it's lovely.

This is the story of my life!!

x