Monday, February 9, 2009

taking it in......



I find joy in the simple things.


Tonight I smiled as I stood in the kitchen cooking dinner. While I was waiting for the rice to boil I could hear Stone in the basement, cutting his hair. I peaked around the corner and there he was, sitting on a stool.....in his undies.


I sat on the couch and had a most refreshing glass of White Cranberry Juice. Crisp, cool and perfectly sweet....and I smiled again


When I let Matilda out on this unusually warm night, the wind hit my face and it smelled like spring....and I smiled.


I watched Practical Magic and decided that I must grow my hair long again so I can wear it in two loose braids flowing down my back....imagining my unruly hair, I smiled


(Oh, and I must find the house the movie was filmed in....and purchase it....some way, some how)



While typing this post, Matilda lay sleeping next to me on the couch. Across the room, Stone is hiding around the corner making her toy dance across the floor. She perks up and runs to investigate....I smile at the two of them playing.



I smile.....knowing that the little things in life are what make me happiest.

1 comment:

Saskia said...

Beautiful post... the simple things in life are certainly what make it special. I just love coming home in the evenings after work to my daft cat and daft husband!!

x