Thursday, August 20, 2009

The bottle says it all



I'm a rebel. See? It even says so on the bottle of wine Katie Jean got for me.....to celebrate with.


Celebrate?


Oh, how rude of me!


The big news around these parts is.....I.QUIT.MY.JOB.


Yup, I did it. I wasn't happy, (haven't been for a while) so I sort of snapped and quit.


(note: I gave them 3 weeks notice...no need to burn bridges....to the ground)


Luckily, The Gods were shinning down on me and I was able to hastily procure another J.O.B.


I don't start my new job until Sept. 1st.


My friends tell me I'm a lady of leisure, but I don't agree.


To be a lady of leisure I feel you need at least the following three things, which I don't have.


1. Unlimited (or enough to do whatever you damn well please) Funds

2. A Trainer (gah!...I really do need this one)

3. A weekly trip to the nail salon to have my fake nails "filled-in".


Since I clearly have non of the above, I like to say I'm on a "stay-cation".


Stone asked me what I did yesterday (when he got home from work). "I read the last Harry Potter book."


"So you were a couch potato?"


"Hey! I'm on vacation!"


"Touche"

PS: Thank you Katie Jean and Babs for the wine and for celebrating me spreading my wings!

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Great wine label!! Keep up the couch potatoing... it NEEDS to be done when you're on VACATION :)

xx

Andrea said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you!

Summer Athena said...

Awesome news! Kudos to you for stopping the madness. ;) I love the label too!

Kati024 said...

CONGRATS COURT! I can't wait for you to begin your new adventure!!!!!

Jill said...

woot! go you for making big steps in your life! if you aren't happy, you aren't happy. mucho kudos! enjoy your vacation!