Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Golden


Today is my 'Golden Birthday'.
Today I am 26....
...on the 26th.

me, 20 years ago


It seems strange to be able to look at a picture and say, "that was me 20 years ago" and the picture not be of an infant or of mi madre with a baby in her belly.

26

I know I am not old, but I can't help but feel like time is slipping away from me. Geez!...if I feel that way now, think about how I'll feel in 20 more years!

Let's not think about it, OK?

Let's eat cake (perhaps a red velvet cupcake...Stone?), give hugs and kisses and cheers to a great year ahead!

MUAH!

PS: My friend Kelly just emailed me the following:

HaPpY hApPy BiRtHdAy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a GREAT Day today! And hey, be proud you share a birthday with Macaulay Culkin and Corky from Life Goes On!!!!


heehee!

7 comments:

Summer Athena said...

love that photo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Saskia said...

Happy Birthday!! I know how you feel... we're 21 right??!

It gets even better at 27!

Saskia xxx

PS I share my birthday with King Henry VIII. Apt for me the historian, no?!

Court said...

Happy Birthday! I will also have the 26th this year...definitely with LOTS of cake! Celebrate girlfriend! Hope it's awesome for ya ;)

nokomis said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday! I will be celebrating my 26th birthday this year too. Is there anything unexpected that happens? Let me know if there's anything that I should be worried about.

Andrea said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're ONLY 26! I feel so old!

Kati024 said...

I hope you had a GREAT Birthday and that you have an even better year! Your party was wonderful...thanks for letting us crash in the guest room. XOXO

Organic Meatbag said...

Happy belated birthday!