Friday, August 21, 2009

Domestic Goddess...


Yeah, I made that.

TOOT TOOT!

I'm pretty proud of myself. I was up to my elbows in egg whites (which look quite disgusting), but I think it turned out lovely.

It's Great-Grandmother Pearl's Angel Food Cake. (from Food & Wine magazine)


Add strawberries (for Stone) or peaches (for me...although I was dooped by the grocery and actually purchased white nectarines) a dollop of whipped cream and you are good to go!

NOTE: the recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of pure almond extract...I added it and to be completely honest, I'm not a fan. I can really taste it...and it almost ruins it for me.


PS:

Two photos of Stone and I from the 'family photo shoot' we had a couple of weeks ago.

(photos by Jamie Sangar)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

GORGEOUS! I *love* the photos!

The Bug said...

I want some cake! Hmm - now how far away from me to you live, & what are the odds that there'd still be cake when I got there? Not good, not good at all. I think I'll just have to get my own cake.

Love love LOVE the second picture! So often we think - aw, they look cute together. But you guys really do - & you look like you LIKE each other. Which is good, since you're married & all.

Saskia said...

Wow, the cake looks GREAT Court!!! And I love the second photo of you guys!

xx

Jill said...

i love both of those photos! and i need details on the hair flower ma'am!