Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reality Sets In


For the past week I have been riding high on a delicious memory.
The Angus Burger from McDonalds.
Yup. Stone and I split one last week. The memory of that most perfect of fast food burgers has been nudging my taste buds for a week.
I talked Stone into a McDonalds dinner date tonight. On the menu, of course, were 2 Deluxe Angus burgers. (sharing is lame)

About half way through our burgers we looked at each other....

"Stone, this Angus burger has let me down."

"Yeah, I'm over it too."


Dear Angus Burger,
Our love affair, though brief, was passionate.
I sang your praise to anyone who would listen.
I shall cherish the week of happiness we had. I will try not to linger on the let down that was tonight's meal.
Broken Hearted,

Court (& Stone)

2 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I have never had an Angus. I think that is because I only by the bottom-of-the-barrel MacDonalds or Burger King burgers. I tend, if ravenous, to just grab a couple of cheese burgers, expecting them to be cheap and nasty and consequently enjoying them. I would recommend keeping your hopes and expectations low!

Organic Meatbag said...

I hate it when angus burgers taste more like anus burgers...