Friday, August 28, 2009

Shall We Dance?

When I was in the shower this morning (OK, it was afternoon...I'm on a stay-cation!!!) I got a
little tune stuck in my head.
The obvious tune would be "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair" from South Pacific.
not so fast my friend!
The inner workings of my mind are much more complex!
or perhaps random?....no, complex. Complex definitely sounds better.
"Getting To Know You" from The King and I popped right into my mind.
I couldn't help but sing my little heart out!
I need to watch this movie...soon.



PS: I even liked Jodie Foster's take on this classic.....perhaps it's the hoop skirt, but I can't get enough of Anna!

1 comment:

The Bug said...

When I lived in the Raleigh NC area I volunteered at Raleigh Little Theatre for a couple of seasons. I was one of the "follow spot" people (shining the spotlight on the actors on the stage). I particularly remember "The King & I." I was on Anna duty - & all I could think during the dancing scene was "slow down!" and "that is sure one GINORMOUS dress!"

It was a lot of fun. I still make references to the dialog - when I woke up after having lasik surgery & I could see I said "Schneider [my dr] make a miracle!"