Tuesday, April 21, 2009

sigh

The eyebrow massacre of 2009 is over.....I hope.

I used to get my eyebrows waxed every couple weeks. I soon started to notice a horrifying trend after each appointment. My dear eyebrow lady was waxing off more and more each visit! EEK! I can barely hold my hand still enough to put eye liner on each morning, let alone attempt to draw in eyebrows!

It was then I made the executive decision to cease and desist all future brow waxing appointments. I mean how hard can it be to just tweeze those puppies whenever you see a rogue hair right?

WRONG.

I thought I could simply let them grow in a bit and then tweeze the few stray hairs growing out of line. Instead I managed to keep my left brow looking pretty sharp while mangling my right brow all to hell.

The only choice I had was to let them grow in....and I mean GROW IN. Old school style. You know, before the thought of tweezing/waxing those puppies ever popped into my head (freshman year of high school).

So there I am, back in 8th grade, with two bushy manly eyebrows.

(not to worry friends...I was still maintaining the non uni-brow...even in 8th grade I knew that was plain wrong)

Last week I was sitting at a stop light and happened to peer into the rear view mirror. What I saw made my heart jump for joy! The stubborn spot over my right baby blue, which I had apparently over tweezed to the point of possible never growing another hair, had sprouted!!!!

I went home. Got the tweezers out. Calmly sat down in front of the mirror and shaped my brows.

I'M BACK BABY!!!! No more Groucho Marx!!!!!

3 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I've always believed that a uni-brow or mono-brow is a sign of wisdom.

Did you ever read of the great eyebrow massacre of '69?

Saskia said...

Growing out eyebrows is the bane of my life. I have learnt my over-plucking lesson. About 50 times.

Fringes are wonderful inventions for the growing out phase... mine are kept nicely hidden!

x

Andrea said...

Um, I had a dream/nightmare about my eyebrows last night! THANKS! It was all b/c of this post! I have no flippin' clue why I would've dreamt about it!?